ADHD Coaching is a rewarding career in a rapidly growing field.
ADHD Coaches are able to set their own hours and see the direct benefits of their hard work. Working one-on-one with children, teenagers, college students, or adults, ADHD Coaches motivate, provide long-term strategic planning, and manage the overall treatment and support system for their clients.
The ideal coach is a college-educated people-person who has direct experience with ADHD. A great ADHD Coach is talented at assessing problems and generating practical, efficient solutions. A good sense of humor, creativity and love of fun are also major perks.
Live ADHD Free offers two distinct programs led by Senior Certified ADHD Coach and IAAC founding member Carol Gignoux. Using the Seven Core Competencies training method, all participants are prepared in accordance with the International Coach Federation Coach Competencies and the high standards of the Institute for Advancement of ADHD Coaching. The hands-on coaching practice sets our training programs apart, fostering confidence in each participant and paving the way to a successful business.
- First-hand knowledge and understanding of ADHD
- A completed application form (complete here)
- A $500 deposit due at registration
- Provide a thorough, cutting-edge understanding of ADHD and the brain
- Explore relationship between cognitive and behavioral development in children, teens and adults
- Study the five executive functions of the prefrontal cortex, in normal and ADHD brains
- Demonstrate the most up-to-date tools and proven strategies for managing ADHD behavior and emotions
- Put learning into action with hands-on practice with children, teens, students, adults, or employees with ADHD
- Workshop best practices for impulse control, goal setting, fostering self-esteem and creating healthy relationships
- 16 training sessions
- Hands-on coaching practice with pro-bono clients, instructor and other students
- Participants acquire high comfort level after months of immediate coaching experience
- Flexible scheduling in-person, over the phone or using Skype/FaceTime
- A thorough instruction manual
The Individual Program
This fast-track program trains potential coaches one-on-one with Carol Gignoux, allowing for a highly customized experience. The instruction includes coaching practice with actual clients, IAAC-recognized training hours, and business strategies from Carol’s three decades of experience. Sessions are tailored to the participant’s individual learning style and needs. The Individual Program fee is $3,995.00.
The Group Program
This highly collaborative program consists of weekly meetings with fifteen other students over the course of four months. Together the group will learn the science behind ADHD and prepare to support clients with tools, tips, and success strategies. This program offers a fun and supporting group format where students can compare experiences and learn from each other. The Group Program fee is $2,995.00.
In the past year Carol has served as an instructor for two day-long workshops here at Boston College Graduate School of Social Work. She consistently is given rave reviews from those who attend her workshops. They greatly appreciate the "strengths-perspective" that Carol brings to her understanding of those who struggle with ADD Problems. Her workshop attendees consistently report that they leave with very new and different ways of understanding the worlds of their ADD clients. Many comment that they find Carol to be a dynamic speaker who has a tremendous amount of information she conveys in a very engaging manner. I thank Carol for her contributions to date and look forward to Carol's continued involvement as an instructor in our social work continuing education program.