Student ADHD Coaching
Students with ADHD are in a unique position and must be supported with a particular level of care.
Student ADHD coaching can change student performance. School is often a stressful and unhappy environment for those with the rapid-fire brain type. Traditional teaching styles do not accommodate the special abilities of the ADHD brain. Common problems include on-going issues with distraction, poor planning with schoolwork, low test scores and poor homework habits. Behavior issues like interrupting and visible frustration caused by impulsiveness are usually present as well.
Enlisting an ADHD coach will end that negative cycle. We provide students with the tools to better perform. This gives them a greater chance at success in life. At Live ADHD Free, we begin with a thorough explanation of the innovator brain type grounded in real-life examples. From there, we develop the student’s study skills and instill the primary importance of self-advocacy. By fostering the student’s natural talents and minimizing unwanted behaviors, the student can achieve success in school. Additionally, students gain healthier relationships with family and friends and an improved self-image.
Student ADHD Coaching Session Details:
- Weekly private sessions with Carol, a senior certified coach in person or via Skype/FaceTime
- Full initial intake leading to an educational plan designed to meet the student’s academic/social needs
- Professional support between sessions, including check in via email for accountability and consistency
- Goals and objectives focused on measuring academic performance using student’s strengths
- Sliding Scale Fees Available – Contact Carol for more details
For more information or to get started today, click here.
Carol has worked with schools and universities including:
- Babson College
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Mass. Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Northeastern University
- Middlesex Community College
- Mount Ida College
- Arizona State University
- University of Wisconsin